Located where the St. Lawrence River and the Richelieu and Yamaska rivers meet, the Sorel-Tracy region opens wide the doors to the world biosphere reserve on Lac-Saint-Pierre.
The fast route:
- Take highways 20, 30 and 40
- On highway 40, take the ferry at Saint-Ignace-de-Loyola and let yourself be carried away to the Sorel-Tracy shore..
The scenic route:
- On the north shore, highway 138, called Chemin du Roi, will take you to Berthierville, where you can take a ferry.
- On the south shore, highway 132 takes you along the river. Highways 133 and 223, beside the Richelieu River, will show you the historical and architectural heritage.
Running all year, the ferry leaves every 30 or 60 minutes depending on the season and time of day. The schedule is available on the Web site. Length of the trip: 10 min. Distance: 1.6 km
9, rue Élizabeth, Sorel-Tracy
Information: 1 877 787-7483
Bus Service Sorel-Tracy/Métro Longueuil
250, boulevard Poliquin, Sorel-Tracy
Téléphone : 450 743-4411/1 800 268-1436
- This ferry links the villages of Saint-Ours and Saint-Roch-de-Richelieu. The service operates from April to December; however, travellers are advised to contact the company directly for accurate schedule information.
- Capacity: 30 passengers, 6 vehicles
- Distance: 0.3 km (0.2 mi.)
- Duration: 3 minutes
- Reservations: unnecessary
160, rue Principale, Saint-Roch-de-Richelieu
Téléphone: 450 785-2173
Haut de page