History of the Office du tourisme de la région de Sorel-Tracy
The Office du tourisme de la région de Sorel-Tracy is a non-profit group that is an integral part of the Centre local de développement (CLD) de Pierre-De Saurel.
It was incorporated under the name Office de tourisme et congrès de la région de Sorel-Tracy on January 6, 1989 and changed its designation on February 12, 1990 to Office de tourisme et congrès Les vallées de l'Archipel du lac Saint-Pierre. In 1998, it became the Office de tourisme de la région de Sorel-Tracy.
The mission of the Office du tourisme de la région de Sorel-Tracy is the promote tourist activities on the entire territory, which includes the twelve municipalities of the Regional County Municipality (RCM) of Pierre-De Saurel, and to manage a tourist information office located on historic site. The mission of the Office is also to stimulate tourist development in its sector.
Areas of intervention:
- Hosting and information
- Advertising and promotion
- Promote the tourist expansion of the Sorel-Tracy region.
- Promote and develop the regional tourist industry.
- Develop, make known and apply a quality policy and standards for those responsible for local tourist events or miscellaneous tourist projects.
- Manage tourist information office for the Sorel-Tracy region in accordance with the standards established by Tourisme Québec.
- Compile and update all regional statistics on tourism.
Top of page