History of the Office du tourisme de la région de Sorel-Tracy
The Office du tourisme de la région de Sorel-Tracy is a non-profit group that is an integral part of the Centre local de développement (CLD) de Pierre-De Saurel.
It was incorporated under the name Office de tourisme et congrès de la région de Sorel-Tracy on January 6, 1989 and changed its designation on February 12, 1990 to Office de tourisme et congrès Les vallées de l'Archipel du lac Saint-Pierre. In 1998, it became the Office de tourisme de la région de Sorel-Tracy.
The mission of the Office du tourisme de la région de Sorel-Tracy is the promote tourist activities on the entire territory, which includes the twelve municipalities of the Regional County Municipality (RCM) of Pierre-De Saurel, and to manage the host network that consists of two tourist information offices, both located on historic sites. The mission of the Office is also to stimulate tourist development in its sector.
Areas of intervention:
- Hosting and information
- Advertising and promotion
- Promote the tourist expansion of the Sorel-Tracy region.
- Promote and develop the regional tourist industry.
- Develop, make known and apply a quality policy and standards for those responsible for local tourist events or miscellaneous tourist projects.
- Manage the hosting offices and tourist information for the Sorel-Tracy region in accordance with the standards established by Tourisme Québec.
- Compile and update all regional statistics on tourism.
Top of page